Rookery Barn 2018
Terms and Conditions of Hire
- The Contract will be between the Guests Ken & Nicola Yerrill T/A Rookery Barn Holidays. The Contract will be entered into when Ken & Nicola Yerrill T/A Rookery Barn Holidays issue the confirmation form and will be subject to all the booking conditions. Please read carefully.
- When you submit a booking request, you will receive a booking confirmation summary by email, to the email address you provide. This does not form a contract between us. A contract shall only arise when our Terms and Conditions have been signed and your deposit is paid and cleared.
- A deposit of 30% of the rental fee is payable within 12hours if the booking is made more than 8 weeks before the start of the rental. The balance shall be payable 8 weeks before the commencement of the rental. Non-payment of the balance of the rent on or before the due date shall be construed as a cancellation of the contract by the Guests. For bookings made less than 8 weeks before the commencement of the rental the total fee is payable.
- Any cancellation made by the Guest for whatever reason shall be in Email and addressed to Ken & Nicola Yerrill T/A Rookery Barn Holidays. Address to the address at the top of the Booking Confirmation. On receipt of notice of cancellation, we will seek to re-let the property for the period of booking. If re-letting the property for the whole period it shall refund all the monies paid less an administrative charge of £50 per booking. If Rookery Barn Holidays only succeeds in re-letting the property for part of the period booked it shall refund an amount equal to the deposit and balance paid less rental for the period which is not re-let and an administration charge of £50. Should a cancellation be made before payment of the balance and Rookery Barn Holidays are unable to re-let the whole period, the deposit is forfeited. In such an instance, there would be no administration charge. If Rookery Barn Holidays are unable to re-let the property at all then all monies paid by the Client shall be forfeit to Rookery Barn Holidays. Once the booking has been made and our E mail receipt issued the deposit may not be refunded should you subsequently cancel subject to the above. The balance is due 60 days before the holiday start date. Failure to comply with this condition may result in the loss of your deposit and the cancellation of your holiday.
- Rookery Barn Holidays may consider a request from a Guest to change the dates of the booking after confirmation has been issued. Agreement will be given subject to the following conditions being met: 1. the request is received more than 8 weeks away from the start of the booking 2. The Client pays an administrative fee of £50.
- The Hirer/Lead Guest (on head of booking form), who must be part of the holiday group and be over 25, will be responsible for the losses or breakage to the property as a whole. Please report any losses or breakages to enable us to repair or replace for the new incoming guests at the earliest opportunity. If more than 1 Barn is booked, the lead name on the booking forms will be responsible for each Barn unless a different eligible name is advised for each barn. We advise you have the adequate Holiday insurance cover for your holiday with us.
- Both Owners and cleaners complete an inventory and damage check on change over days on all our Barns, including hot tubs and outside areas. Any damage/breakages discovered will be the responsibility of the departing guests.
- Rookery Barn Holidays cannot be held liable for any loss or damage, however caused, to customer’s property of any description during their stay at Rookery Barn Holidays. Cars are parked on the premises entirely at the owner’s risk. Use of any of the facilities and premises is at your own risk.
- Rookery Barn Holidays is not liable in the event that accommodation is not available (limited to a refund or monies paid only via insurance) or advertised facilities shall not be available due to circumstances beyond their control.
- The Barns have other dwellings in close proximity and we have a zero tolerance policy on late night noise – all music must be turned off by 11.00pm. All outside music is prohibited in consideration of our other guests. If we receive complaints regarding noise levels you will be requested to leave. Please bear this in mind before making a booking.
- You are requested to observe the Instructions for using the Hot Tubs. Please observe the hygiene requests before using the Hot Tubs. We cannot be held responsible for any breakdown time or the need to change the water. The hirer is responsible for any damage or misuse of the Hot Tubs. For safety and the environment, please keep the Hot Tub covers on when not in use. For the considerations of other guests and neighbours the Hot Tubs must not be used after 11pm and please keep the noise at all times to a reasonable level. You are requested to notify the Owners if the water level is below the highest jet level or the top of the skimmer filter enclosure, when no one is in the Hot Tub. The Hot Tub pumps can be damaged on its maintenance program with no water circulating. Also the various maintenance and cleaning programs will not work with no water circulating, the water quality will be affected and bacteria might build up. It takes 2 adults to remover the covers, even with the cover lifters – please treat the Hot Tubs with care, damage and repairs will be charged for. The use of the Hot Tub is entirely at your own risk. A Hot Tub use agreement is required to be signed before the Hot Tub can be used.
- The all Guests are legally bound to reimburse Rookery Barns for replacement, repair or extra cleaning costs on demand. Guests will also be responsible for any monies lost in the event that the property is not fit to be let for any period for incoming guests, for the period it takes to refurbish the property fit you relet and all other costs and compensation. The Guests shall take all reasonable and proper care of the property and its furniture, pictures, fittings and effects in or on the property and leave them in the same state of repair and condition and in the same clean and tidy condition at the end of the rental period as at the beginning of their holiday.
- We require the names and Dates of Birth/Ages of each Guest staying at our barns – to comply with our Insurance, to satisfy Health & Safety and Fire regulations. You are strongly advised to take adequate holiday insurance cover your holiday with Rookery Barn Holidays. Rookery Barn Holidays reserves the right to refuse any booking application, or to refuse or to terminate a booking or close the accommodation at their absolute discretion. Under no circumstances must the barn offered for hire or be occupied by anyone other than those named on the booking form or a greater number than the accommodation is advertised for. An infant in a travel cot must be under 2 at the date of the holiday. No visitors are allowed to use the facilities without the permission of the owners and a visitor’s form completed. When the property’s inter-connecting doors are requested to be opened for large groups and a pet is included in the party the charge is £30 for each property, even if there is only 1 pet. Please do not move furniture or equipment from one Barn to other and replace the cutlery etc. back in the originating Barn.
- Bookings from under 25 year old, hen or stag or mixed young groups are not accepted, unless by prior arrangement with written confirmations and extra security deposits will be required. We reserve the right to ask for proof of age on arrival, driving license or passport only acceptable.
- We charge £100 cash security/damage deposit on arrival per barn however this could be more;
- Groups of 30 year old and under will be charged £50 cash security deposit on arrival, per person. This will be refunded via Bacs to your designated account within 36 hours of your party’s departure. Parents are held responsible their children’s safety and behaviour at all times, otherwise it will be the name on the booking form or both. Rookery Barn Holidays is a family and couples complex any excessive late partying, noise, drunkenness or the misuse of the Hot Tubs is not acceptable and we reserve the right to ask your party to leave, no refunds will be given. Please be considerate to our other guests and neighbours.
- Dogs – we accept dogs under the following conditions – no puppies, they are exercised off of our premises, you must clean up after your dog. We request you keep them out of the bedrooms and bathrooms, off of all beds and furniture. They sleep in the lounge area in their own bed or cage. They are not to be left unattended in or on the premises in any circumstances. Any extra cleaning or damage will be charged for. We charge £30 for a dog. (Assistant dogs no charge but we need to see the appropriate registration documentation, guide dogs accepted)
- By Law smoking is not allowed in our accommodation and premises. Smoking in the barns is STRICTLY prohibited. Rookery Barn Holidays reserves the right to invoice you £200.00 if we feel we cannot re-let a barn which smells of smoke after your departure. This additional cleaning charge covers the cost of deep-cleaning all fabrics and furnishings to re-present the barn as a non-smoking property to in-coming guests.
- We require a cash security deposit of £100 on all bookings on arrival. Some bookings might require more but you will be advised at the time of booking.
- The use of our Barns, everything in them, all the adjoining property, the outside space, Hot Tubs, BBQ etc. – are used entirely at the hirers risk and are the responsibility of the lead name and the whole group, they will also be responsible for all the other occupant’s behaviour, actions and any damage howsoever caused. The owners cannot be responsible in any way. The owners are not responsible in any way for guest’s property whilst on or in use at Rookery Barn Holidays premises. Should there be any cause for complaint during the occupation of the property it must be notified promptly to Rookery Barn Holidays and in the case of serious problems confirmed in writing.
- K&N Yerrill T/A Rookery Barns Holidays (for itself, its employees and agents) shall not be liable to Client or third parties for any accident, damage, loss, injury expense or inconvenience, which may be suffered, incurred, arise out of or in any way connected with the rental. No term of the Contract is enforceable under the Contracts (Rights of The Third Parties) Act 1999 by a person who is not a party to the Contract. If the property which the Guest has booked becomes unavailable or unusable for some reason prior to the date of a booking, then Rookery Barns’ obligation will be to 1. Use their best endeavour to find a suitable alternative property, or failing which 2. To reimburse the Client for any monies paid.
- Rookery Barns does not warrant and is not responsible for the accuracy of any verbal information given or statements made by its employees or agents.
- Rookery Barns shall be allowed the right of entry to the property at all reasonable times for purposes of inspection or to carry out any necessary repairs or maintenance.
Fire Regulations Government Guidelines (1st October 2023)
• Deep-Fat Fryers are no longer permitted on the property, please do not bring your own deep-fat fryer or any equivalent.
Candles and Tea Lights
• Candles and tea lights are no longer permitted within the holiday lets.
• If you bring candles/tea lights these can only be used outside with care.
Electrical Installations and Equipment
• Electronic installations are common causes of fire.
• You are no longer able to use Electronic Installations including items such as extension leads within your Holiday Let.
Smoking (Cigarettes and E-Cigarettes)
• Smoking within the Holiday Let is not permitted.
• Please also ensure any smoking waste is disposed of correctly.
• Please do not use E-Cigarettes inside your holiday let or charge them at Rookery Barn Holidays.
• Portable heaters are not permitted.
• Please do not bring your own portable heaters.
• If portable heating is required in a state of emergency, this will be provided by Rookery Barn Holidays.
Furniture and Furnishings
• If you bring additional furniture, please ensure that it does not block any fire exits.
• Please do not move the existing furniture within the holiday let to block fire exits.
Domestic Waste (Combustible Materials)
• Please keep all combustible materials clear of any possible ignition sources.
E – Bikes / E – Scooters
• E-Bikes and E Scooters are not permitted on Rookery Barn Holidays property.
• Batteries associated with these devices cannot be charged anywhere on Rookery Barn Holidays property.
Charging your Electric car
• An electric car charger is available for use on the car park.
• Please do not charge your car using any socket inside or outside your holiday.
Keep Exits Clear
• Please do not block any fire exits including windows and doors.